This position is responsible for checking and verifying in process product and finished goods, utilizing a variety of tests and testing equipment to ensure that all produced goods meet or exceed customer standards.
- Basic knowledge of computers and computer programs.
- Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work under general supervision.
- Must be able to operate lab equipment (training provided on-site).
- Must be able to follow written work instructions.
- Comply with all site required policies and procedures.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect samples from production for testing
- Prepare samples into specimens for testing
- Perform testing on specimens
- Generate certificates of analysis once testing is completed for finished product shipment
- Work overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency is preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Capable of doing multiple tasks.
- Capable of doing accurate data reporting
- Able to use calipers and gauges
- Ability to use and operate mills, presses, basic hand tools and measuring tools, and basic lab equipment
- Ability to read a scale
- Previous lab and/or quality experience is preferred
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYEE IS REQUIRED TO EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Withstand the rigors of an 8-10-hour shift
- Stand for approximately 50-60% of the time
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving various items
- Lifting intermittently of various items. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds
- Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections, etc.
- Clean work areas and maintain a clean work environment; perform cleaning activities as required.
- Calipers and gauges
- Basic hand tools and measuring tools
- Lab equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties of this position are performed throughout the entire floor space of OTECH Corporation.
Duties are performed primarily in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is moderate.
Internal: This position interfaces routinely with all OTECH personnel
External: This position interfaces occasionally with visitors.
This position supervises no other
- Expected to assist in the implementation of safety and policy statements as needed
- Comply with all department and facility safety regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (per the Employee Guidebook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend safety training as required.
OTECH Corporation will continually improve its thermoplastic compounds and the processes that support them to satisfy the needs of its customers. We will deliver defect free and consistent product on time, every time.
CONTRIBUTION OF JOB:
This position significantly contributes to the overall performance and profitability of the company through a strong work ethic, dedication and a daily presence. This position is also responsible for contributing to department and company metrics, such as Pounds Produced, NCMR’s and Scrap
This job description reflects the general details of the specific job identified and is not necessarily a complete listing of all the work requirements that may be involved in the job
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY
OTECH CORPORATION is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
If you have any questions, we can be reached via our contact us page or phone number:
Apply for this position
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
1st Shift: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays
2nd Shift: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays;