Employees in Purchasing dept.
This position is responsible for planning and negotiating with all suppliers to obtain raw materials, maintenance, shipping, office and factory supplies in a cost effective and timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality per ISO specifications. This position is also responsible for overseeing and directing the activities of the purchasing department and employees, and an expenditure base of $50 million per year for materials and/or services to support the purchasing program for two organizations.
- Understanding of computer software applications
- Vision standards
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work under general supervision
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels
- Must be able to comply with all required policies and procedures.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies
- Reviews and process purchase orders
- Manage and lead members of the purchasing and logistics team
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Build and maintains relationships with vendors.
- Selects prospective vendors and negotiates contracts
- Evaluates vendors based on quality, timeliness and price.
- Schedule deliveries and ensures timely fulfillment of orders.
- Researches and evaluates vendors to compare pricing and services.
- Coordinates with fellow managers to monitor inventory and determine supply needs.
- Ensures quality of procured items and addresses problems when they arise.
- Keeps up with trends in procurement.
- Stays current with purchasing technology trends and oversees purchase and implementation, as necessary
- Direct involvement with manufacturing and material requirements to ensure consistent flow of materials to support production
- Develop inventory controls to identify demands
- Experience with manufacturing and cost accounting
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Professional Certifications and/or MBA preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as a purchasing or procurement manager
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and accounting software
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to problem-solve
- Strong negotiation, research and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
- Thorough understanding of international business and logistics terms and processes including the following:
- Commercial invoice, packing list, bill of lading, certificate of origin, letter of credit document requirements
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in related field is required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Must have experience in the plastics industry
- Supervisory experience is required
- Experience with application of landed costs is required, including the following:
- Freight costs, duties and fees, impact on material costs and payments to freight forwarder, customs agents and local carriers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee is required to execute the following:
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving various items
- Lifting intermittently of various items. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds
- Good manual dexterity to operate computer equipment and precision measuring instruments
- Oral communication via telephone or in person while interacting with customers, suppliers, or other employees
- Position may require more than eight hours daily and more than five days weekly to complete work assignments
- Sitting in chairs (swivel, padded, and adjustable)
- Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections, etc.
- Standing intermittently
- Visual monitoring of computer screens
- Desktop computer
- Standard office equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position are performed throughout the entire floor space of OTECH Corporation. Duties are performed primarily in an office setting but are occasionally performed in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. The noise level is light to moderate. During periods of travel, duties could be performed in conference centers, restaurants, places of public accommodation, modes of travel, etc.
- Expected to assist in the implementation of safety and policy statements as needed
- Comply with all department and facility safety regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (per the Employee Guidebook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend safety training as required.
This position supervises employees in the Purchasing department.
Internal: This position interfaces routinely with all OTECH personnel
External: This position interfaces routinely with external vendors, visitors, suppliers, customers, and others
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY
OTECH CORPORATION is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply for this position
(Response within 48 hours)
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
1st Shift: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays
2nd Shift: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays;