Work as a team leader to foster safety, quality and productivity.
- Understanding of computer software applications and basic knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to function as a supervisor and be able to work under general supervision.
- Monitor and ensure the proper completion of all documentation.
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels.
- Comply with all site required policies and procedures including but not limited to: EHS, Quality, and the Employee Guidebook.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure that a safe environment is always maintained.
- Ensure that product specifications and process instructions are strictly adhered to.
- Work overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- BS in Engineering or equivalent preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership and people skills.
- Capable of doing multiple tasks.
- Capable of doing accurate reporting.
- Organizational skills to maximize outputs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Team Orientation.
- Two years supervisory experience in a fast-paced environment preferred or formal education in management and/supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYEE IS REQUIRED TO EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Withstand the rigors of a 12 hr shift for 5 days in a row, occasionally 6.
- Standing or walking for approximately 70% of the time.
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when moving various items.
- Lifting intermittently of various items for approximately 10% of the time. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 50 pounds.
- Office equipment
- Hand Tools
- Production equipment
- Propane lift trucks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties of this position are performed throughout the entire floor space of OTECH Corporation.
Duties are performed primarily in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is moderate.
Internal: This position interfaces routinely with all OTECH personnel.
External: This position interfaces occasionally with external vendors, visitors, suppliers, customers, and others.
This position supervises hourly production employees.
- Expected to assist in the implementation of safety and policy statements as needed.
- Comply with all department and facility safety regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (per the Employee Guidebook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend safety training as required.
OTECH Corporation will continually improve its thermoplastic compounds and the processes that support them to satisfy the needs of its customers. We will deliver defect free and consistent product on time, every time.
CONTRIBUTION OF JOB
This position significantly contributes to the overall performance and profitability of the company through strong leadership and oversight as well as improving techniques and processes. This position is also responsible for contributing to department and company metrics, such as Pounds Produced, NCMR’s and Scrap.
Apply for this position
(Response within 48 hours)
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
1st Shift: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays
2nd Shift: 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays;
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY
OTECH CORPORATION is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information
or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.