Full-time, Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 per hour
**NOTE: THIS POSITION IS A 2ND/3RD SHIFT POSITION; TRAINING WILL OCCUR ON DAY SHIFT (7AM-3PM) FOR APPROX. 30 DAYS**
This position is responsible for performing the work necessary to install, maintain and repair equipment and plant and for keeping all production ready.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work under general supervision
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels
- Comply with all site required policies and procedures
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct a daily check of the physical plant at the beginning of each shift.
- Meet with Maintenance Supervisor to receive daily work orders and instructions.
- Respond to maintenance calls to production lines and auxiliary equipment.
- Provide mechanical repairs as needed or assist with outside contractors to complete.
- Rig and install equipment to completion.
- Prepare and install piping systems as directed.
- Weld and fabricate to completed projects, repairs or installations.
- Rebuild and repair used machinery for use in production.
- Build and install production lines as directed.
- Conduct various checks of equipment such as; silos, chillers, tanks, air system and dryers, pumps, blowers, extruders gear boxes, pelletizing equipment. As well all scales plant lighting, HVAC, security system, building and grounds
- Do all PM’s as per schedule.
- Keeps electrical distribution centers, controls and power panels clean and in good working order
- Install all new electrical services, panels and controls for all new machinery.
- Rewire and upgrade all panels when installing new lines and repairing existing machines per code.
- Fabricate and weld brackets for mounting all electrical devices and panels.
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical breakdowns, including motors, drives and PLC I/O
- Maintain all heating and air conditioning to ensure efficient services.
- Coordinate and organize all electrical items and supplies for efficient ease of use.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Capable of doing multiple tasks
- Capable of doing accurate reporting
- The ability to run the shift alone
- Organizational skills to maximize loads
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Team orientated
- Mechanical Aptitude (TPM’s)
This position requires a minimum of five (5) years of on the job training for satisfactory job proficiency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYEE IS REQUIRED TO EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving various items
- Stand for approximately 95% of the time
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and movingvarious items
- Lifting intermittently of various items for approximately 40% of the time. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds
- Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections, etc.
- Clean work areas and maintain a clean work environment; perform 5S cleaning activities as required.
- DMM, Megger, RPM Tachometer, load cell calibrators, temperature calibrators
- Calipers, dial indicators and all sorts of gages
- Lathe, mill band saw and common machining equipment
- Man lifts and lift trucks
- Pipe threading machine, welders, plasma cutter, torch, cut off saw
- All hand and power tools
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties of this position are performed throughout the entire floor space of OTECH Corporation.
Duties are performed primarily in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is moderate.
- Expected to assist in the implementation of safety and policy statements as needed
- Comply with all department and facility safety regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (per the Employee Guidebook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend safety training as required.
Apply for this position
(Response within 48 hours)
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
1st Shift: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays
2nd Shift: 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays;
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY
OTECH CORPORATION is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information
or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.