Development Process Engineer
Development Process Engineer
The Development Process Engineer will establish new and maintain processes used in production. This position will also be responsible for identifying and recommending the appropriate equipment for specific applications based on data gathered and expertise.
- Understanding of computer software applications and basic knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to function as a supervisor and be able to work under general supervision.
- Monitor and ensure the proper completion of all documentation.
- Comply with all site required policies and procedures
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborates with production and process staff to understand the material specifications sought for a particular application or product.
- Oversees the samples process. First, second, third time runs.
- Measures performance of various materials in accordance with specifications.
- Observes or participates in product testing process as appropriate.
- Oversees the customer complaint process. Sets up meeting between manufacturing and the lab.
- When a material fails, gathers data and analyzes the reasons why the material did not meet specifications.
- BS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong leadership and people skills.
- Capable of doing multiple tasks.
- Capable of doing accurate reporting.
- Organizational skills to maximize outputs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Team Orientation.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience as a process engineer is strongly preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYEE IS REQUIRED TO EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Standing or walking for approximately 70% of the time.
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when moving various items.
- Lifting intermittently of various items for approximately 10% of the time. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 50 pounds.
- Office equipment
- Hand Tools
- Production equipment
- Propane lift trucks.
- Lab equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties of this position are performed throughout the entire floor space of OTECH Corporation.
Duties are performed primarily in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to work near moving mechanical parts and exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is moderate.
Internal: This position interfaces routinely with all OTECH personnel.
External: This position interfaces occasionally with external vendors, visitors, suppliers, customers, and others.
- Expected to assist in the implementation of safety and policy statements as needed.
- Comply with all department and facility safety regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (per the Employee Guidebook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend safety training as required.
OTECH Corporation will continually improve its thermoplastic compounds and the processes that support them to satisfy the needs of its customers. We will deliver defect free and consistent product on time, every time.
Apply for this position
(Response within 48 hours)
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
1st Shift: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays
2nd Shift: 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays;
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY
OTECH CORPORATION is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information
or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.