Customer Service Rep
This position is responsible for receiving customer orders and entering sales orders, as well as interacting with customers and members of the Sales team.
- Understanding of computer software applications
- Vision standards
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to function as a member of a team and be able to work under general supervision
- Must be able to maintain expected quality levels
- Must be able to comply with all required policies and procedures
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive orders by different methods (phone, fax, email, etc.) and entering orders into the ERP system
- Interacting and assisting scheduling with new and existing order requirements
- Communications with sales and customers on order status and concerns
- Invoicing of orders once shipped
- Completing credit memos as needed
- Tracking stock orders for customers as necessary to assist sales and production
- Preparing various paperwork for shipments (including BOL, packing slips, etc.)
- Organizing shipments on appropriate forms for accounting and shipping
- Assisting in the preparation of SDS for new compounds as required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree in Business or 2+ years of relevant experience is preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven experience in sales or other similar position is preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel)
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to problem-solve
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EMPLOYEE IS REQUIRED TO EXECUTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling when retrieving and moving various items
- Lifting intermittently of various items. Typically, assistance would be provided for weights exceeding 35 pounds
- Good manual dexterity to operate computer equipment and precision measuring instruments
- Oral communication via telephone or in person while interacting with customers, suppliers, or other employees
- Position may require more than eight hours daily and more than five days weekly to complete work assignments
- Sitting in chairs (swivel, padded, and adjustable)
- Squatting / crouching when retrieving stored items from lower shelves and file cabinets, making equipment / product inspections, etc.
- Standing intermittently
- Visual monitoring of computer screens
- Desktop computer
- Standard office equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties of this position are performed throughout the entire floor space of OTECH Corporation. Duties are performed primarily in an office setting but are occasionally performed in manufacturing areas where compliance with applicable safety rules is required. The noise level is light to moderate. During periods of travel, duties could be performed in conference centers, restaurants, places of public accommodation, modes of travel, etc.
Internal: This position interfaces routinely with all OTECH personnel
External: This position interfaces routinely with external vendors, visitors, suppliers, customers, and others
This position supervises no other.
- Expected to assist in the implementation of safety and policy statements as needed
- Comply with all department and facility safety regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job-related illness and injuries (per the Employee Guidebook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend safety training as required.
OTECH Corporation will continually improve its thermoplastic compounds, and the processes that support them, to satisfy the needs of its customers. We will deliver defect free and consistent product on time, every time.
CONTRIBUTION OF JOB
This position significantly contributes to the overall performance and profitability of the company through strong leadership and oversight as well as improving techniques and processes. This position is also responsible for contributing to department and company metrics, such as Pounds Produced, NCMR’s and Scrap.
Apply for this position
(Response within 48 hours)
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
1st Shift: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays
2nd Shift: 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM CST
Monday through Friday with occasional mandatory Saturdays;
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY
OTECH CORPORATION is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information
or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.